Title: Is there any kuffara or this kind of QASAM which i take in anger?

Question

I want to know that last week i was talking with my friend and i was angry with him during our talk i became very very hyper and (IN ANGER) i spoke these words to my friend that

"I Swear To GOD.. (In future) I will never let you go and will never forgive you.. You have really hurt me so much and i will take revenge of this"

I spoke some very unkind words also. But now i realized that i have done wrong and i should not talk to him in such a manner and now i really do not want to take revenge of any thing and also wants to forgive my friend from my heart.

So i want to know that what should i do now? Is there any kuffara or this kind of QASAM which i take in anger?

Thank You..

Fe Amman Allah.

Answer

When a person takes an oath in the name of Allah, it is incumbent upon him to fulfil that oath. When he does not fulfil (breaks) the oath, it is compulsory upon him to give Kaffarah (penance) for misusing the name of Allah.

The Kaffarah for breaking an oath is:

1. Feed ten poor people an average two meals, or

2. Clothe ten poor people enough clothes to cover the majority of their bodies, or

3. Free a slave (not applicable in these times)

If one can not do anyone of the above three for a valid reason then he may fast for three consecutive days.

Raddul Muhtaar Vol:3 Pg:725 (H.M Sa’eed Company)

However, when a person takes an oath to carry out an act which is prohibited in Islam, then it is incumbent upon him to break the oath and give Kaffarah.

Raddul Muhtaar Vol:3 Pg:728 (H.M Sa’eed Company)

Ml. M. Jawed Iqbal,

Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah