Date: 2nd September 2020

Dajjal - What are his qualities?

Question

as-salam-elay-kum mufti sahib

I am very disturbed after watching a lecture on Youtube about Dajjal.  I feel like I am the Dajjal even though I am a Sunni Muslim.  My both eyes are weak I cannot see without glasses.  Also I heard Dajjal will be a deceiver.   I had to change my name into antoher name because people would make fun of my name.  

After all this I think I am the dajjal even though I have no interest in being so.  I just wanted to follow the real Islam but there are so many sects I am not sure who to follow.  Also I have no kids as I am not married Dajjal will have no kids. 

But a positive side is that I have been to Makkah and Madina but Dajjal cannot enter Makkah and Madinah. I know I have led a sinful life but I never gave up on Allah taala's mercy but some people when they see me they judge me.    

Answer

Brother in Islam,

You are definitely not Dajjal.

Dajjal will be a Jew. You are a Muslim.

Dajjal will have only one eye. You have two eyes.

Dajjal will not enter Makkah and Madinah Shareef.

Alhamdulillah, you have been to Makkah and Madinah Shareef.

Do not entertain these thoughts as they are whispers of Shaytaan. We advise you to join the Ulama and pious people in your locality and associate yourself with them.

Along with this, we advise you to listen to the following discourse delivered by my honourable teacher, Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Hafidhahullah), in regards to dealing with Waswasah (whispers):

https://daruliftaa.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Before-Zuhr-23.mp3

https://daruliftaa.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/After-Zuhr-23.mp3

Mahmood Suliman

Gaborone, Botswana