Date: 27th August 2020

Is there any interpretation to this dream or is it meaningless?

Question

Assalamalikum I had two dreams, please interpretate if possible

1.I had a dream that I was in a very expensive clothes shop and a group of people approached me, and then a lady handed me some very expensive clothes, I got scared and exited the shop and entered another very expensive clothes shop where a man started to walk me around the shop and describe the clothes and prices.

2. I was walking around in a field with difficulty which had pot holes and with a work colleague, a man then approaches me to tell me no one is making tawaf, so I decide to walk towards Kaaba where the path is very wide and easy to walk to, after tawaf I walk back into a field, and step on feaces.

Is there any interpretation to the dream or is it meaningless

Answer

Brother in Islam,

We thank you for your query.

The clothes in the dream could refer to worldly comforts and luxuries or deeds of virtue.

The old woman in the dream refers to the world. The old man refers to Shaitan. Both will offer you the comforts of this world to deter you from the Aakhirah.

Take heed from this and avoid being enticed by the worldly comforts of this world. Clothe yourself with good deeds for the benefit of the hereafter.

Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) advised:

أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم اسْتَيْقَظَ لَيْلَةً فَقَالَ ‏ "‏ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ مَاذَا أُنْزِلَ اللَّيْلَةَ مِنَ الْفِتْنَةِ مَاذَا أُنْزِلَ مِنَ الْخَزَائِنِ مَنْ يُوقِظُ صَوَاحِبَ الْحُجُرَاتِ يَا رُبَّ كَاسِيَةٍ فِي الدُّنْيَا عَارِيَةٍ فِي الآخِرَةِ ‏" (سنن الترمذي:2196)

Translation:  ‏"One night Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) awoke and said, 'Subhan Allah! How many Fitan(trials and afflictions) have descended tonight. And how many treasures have been disclosed? Who will awaken the women sleeping in these dwellings? O! How many are clothed in this world, yet naked in the Hereafter."(Tirmithi: 2196)

Ahmad Patel

South Africa