Date: 16th July 2019

Request for delayed payment in ijaarah contract

Question

I had a business agreement with someone who agreed to introduce a buyer for a commission.  In the meeting i told him that i will pay his commission after completion of the construction, to which he laughed and said nothing.  2 months later he is demanding his commission straight away. I reminded him of my terms that i will pay after construction is complete, to which he said he thought i was joking and averyone pays in advance. In Shariah do i need to pay him in advance or can i delay till the completion of the construction project as i had stated in the meeting?

Answer

Your question is not clear.

You refer to a buyer for a commission, then you refer to a commission after construction.

What exactly was the nature of the business and commission agreement?

You may respond to admin@daruliftaa.net Ref. Mudassir Benish

Mudassir Benish

Student - Darul Iftaa

Houston TX, U.S.A