Country: Australia

Is it necessary to don the Niqab?

Question

Assalamualykum Mufti Saheb, 1) Can you please give me evidence from the Quran and sunnah why the niqab is waajib in the Hanafi school. This is because I’ve read that “The Awrah of a woman infront of a non-mahram consists of the whole body except for the face, hands and feet.” - Raddul Muhtar p531 v9 Jazak’Allah

Answer

There are numerous verses in the Qur’aan that relate to Hijaab and Niqaab. These verses may not be understood without knowing their context and the terminologies mentioned in them. As such, we have hereunder reproduced a detailed fatwa on the issue:

Kindly refer to 28588 and this article by - By My beloved Ustaadh Hadhrat Mufti Husain Kadodia Sahib Hafidhahullah.