Asked Country: Canada

Answered Date: Jun 05,2018

Title: If She was in kufra at the moment of nikah. Was their nikah valid?

Question

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabarakatuh! I wrote some letters to askimam.org, but I haven’t got any asnwers from them for a long time. So I hope that you can help me in Ramadan time and make a good deal for take a pleasure of Allah. We can’t get a help in our country because our knowledge there is very poor especially in fikh. My brother doesn’t speak english good, so I wrote this letter. He made nikah some years ago. His wife didn’t know good islam, especially kufra. She thinks she made kufra before that time.

If She was in kufra at the moment of nikah. Was their nikah valid? 

If she can made kufra after nikah, should they made nikah again because of her kufra?

Answer

We apologize for the fact that you have sent letters in the past to Ask Imam but did not get any answers from us. Insha-Allah, we will do our best to answer your future letters quickly.

Your question is unclear.

Please write back to us and explain: What do you mean by the word “kufra”? Do you mean that she said something that made her a non-Muslim [kafir]?

Don't worry about the English. Just try and explain as best as you can so we can understand.

Again, please write back to us and explain the word “kufra” so we can answer your question correctly.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best,

Mufti Sohail ibn Arif,
Assistant Mufti, Darul Iftaa
Chicago, USA