Answered Date: May 02,2018

Title: Having an Islamic name for a shop or business

Question

As salamu alaykum dear shaykh,

My question is with regards to naming a new startup business with an islamic name such as "Mubarak Solutions" - Since im living in Sri Lanka, a non-muslim country does naming a business with an islamic name be good for business ? I was advised not to by a few friends but i was contemplating that it is Allaah who grants success in all matters whether a business is named as an islamic name or not.

What do you advise ya shaykh?

May Allaah bless you dearly.

Answer

It is permissible to have an Islamic name for a shop or business.

However, if you are advised by your friends not to adopt an Islamic name due to circumstances, for example political etc, then you should consider the advice of your friends and not keep an Islamic name. You should safeguard yourself from all apparent dangers.