Asked Country: Senegal

Answered Date: Apr 11,2018

Title: Looked down by others

Question

Assalamu Alaykum,

I am a student and looked down upon by the other students because of my young age. Alhamdulillah I accomplished a lot at a very young age but now people look down upon me.

What should I do?

Jazakkallah

Answer

Why do you feel that you are being looked down upon?

In order for us to offer you appropriate advice, it is important for us to have insight about your conduct and your way of thinking. It may not be correct for us to simply accept your thinking and advise you according to your thinking.

It is possible that your thinking does not really reflect the reality of the situation. We advise you to identify a suitable person in your area and who know you well and explain to him how you feel. Let him analyze your thinking and advise you accordingly.

However, we too share the joy in your much accomplishments at a young age.

Allah Ta’ala has gifted you with skills and intelligence. Every person is an independent individual. Don’t be intimidated by any person’s attitude and conduct.

Inculcate a habit to accept the different conduct and attitude of people and tolerate them. Be humble and kind to people. Do not expect people to always acknowledge you and your potentials. That attitude should not make you lose confidence in yourself. You are young with great potential. You have achieved much at this young age.

Identify a spiritual guide and grow under his shade. Real accomplishment is closeness to Allah Ta’ala and leading your life according to the dictates and pleasure of Allah Ta’ala.

It will be beneficial for you to listen to the discourses of Qaseeda Burdah and other discourses by our beloved teacher Hadhrat Mufti Ebrahim Desai Saheb Damat Barakaatuh from http://tasawwuf.daralmahmood.org/i-tikaaf-2015.html and http://daruliftaa.net/

Mirza Mahmood Baig

Jeddah, KSA