Asked Country: New Zealand

Title: Advice on praying Salah

Question

Asalaamualaikum

I have a question regarding missed Salah. I'm not sure what's happened to me internally but I have stopped praying ever since after the month of Ramadan 2017.

I've tried my best to make up for the missed salah but I always gain more missed salah when I intend to make up for it.

I have tried giving charity to clear my Iman but my situation hasn't changed.

I also have a feeling of being stale in Islamic knowledge. I have read allot about Islam and feel I'm on a stand still.I feel that every time I hear something about Islam that I've hard it before.

May Allah forgive me for thinking that way and guide me to the right path.

Jazakallah

Answer

Dear Brother,

We are sad to note your spiritual decline. Allah Taa’la created us to worship Allah. Salah is one of the most important pillars of Islam and is regarded to be a mark of distinction between Iman and Kufr. Salah is the first act of worship a person will be accounted for on the day of Qiyamah. If one fails the test of salah that may lead one to Jahannam (Allah forbid).

We advise you to bring up the courage and perform salah. Focus on life after death and standing before Allah Taa’la on the day of judgement. In order to revive your spirituality and inculcate a sense of responsibility in you, you should stay in the company of the Ulama or at least your local Alim. Frequent the Masjid and offer some service to the Masjid. The environment of the Masjid will assist you to fulfill your obligation of salah.

You may also listen to the discourses on Qaseedah Burdah by my esteemed teacher Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Hafizahullah) in the following link:

https://daruliftaa.net/qaseeda-burdah/

Tareque Ahmed