Asked Country: Saudi Arabia

Answered Date: May 04,2018

Title: Husband watching inappropriate material to get in the mood

Question

Assalamualaikum wrb.

I am 32 years old woman with three children. Had my last child six months ago and have become fat which my husband does not like at all. A few days ago he was watching another video or something on phone to relieve stress at 1am n also masturbated to relieve himself. He does so only occasionally n also justifies such things as permissible as he does so just to get into the mood n then come to me. Inspite of me warning him he continues. I don't like this n feel disgusted when he touches me now. What should i do? With request for duas.

Answer

The biological change of your body is due to pregnancy and birth for which your husband is also responsible. If his appearance changes due to circumstances in life, would he accept you ignoring him and satisfying yourself with images of men?

Advise your husband to fear Allah and to search for a spiritual guide. When a person is spiritually fed, his carnal desires are controlled. How would he feel if you commit the evil act and justify it? No person with a pure temperament (saleem-ut-tabaah) will justify such an evil act. [1]

Aboobakr Siddeeq bin Mufti Amjad Mohammad

Azaadville, JHB, South Africa

[1]  الاختيار لتعليل المختار - (4 / 164)

وقال عليه الصلاة والسلام : ' غض بصرك إلا عن زوجتك '

البحر الرائق شرح كنز الدقائق ـ مشكول - (22 / 133)

والأصل أنه لا يجوز أن ينظر إلى وجه الأجنبية بشهوة

البحر الرائق شرح كنز الدقائق ـ مشكول - (22 / 141)

{ قل للمؤمنين يغضوا من أبصارهم }