Answered Date: Apr 14,2018

Title: Silicon and non-stick bakeware

Question

AsalaamuAlaykum 

I wanted to ask about Silicone and non-stick bakeware please. Is it safe to use? Regular customers don't know what materials are used in bakeware and I wanted to know if it was actually safe as things have to be done/ added to make something non- stick, which may not always be safe I have heard.  Please can you tell be if it is safe/ halal to use silicone bakeware and also non stick bakeware as they are 2 separate things? I ask as I don't want to buy/use anything problematic and also I don't know if the materials used are halal ( in the way they might be made/ treated).

If not please can you suggest what material is halal? 

Many thanks

Answer

Silicon and non-stick bakeware do not contain any Haram substances.[1] It will be permissible to use.

Abdullah Syed Sajid

Houston, TX, USA