Asked Country: Bangladesh

Answered Date: Apr 23,2018

Title: Credit card debt

Question

salam mufti shaheb

my question is I had some credit card that I used I didn't pay off blaneces but I used pay minimum payment every month  but right now I am  unable to pay any payment and I am thing also that every month I am paying minium payment but the credit company deduct first inrest charge than they deduct from due money .right now from few month I stopped payment and the credit card company they keep charging late fee and interest for few month afterthat they closed my account. Though I talk to them that I can.t pay now but in futre I will try to pay but they are not listen to me they send my account to colection  centre. I now i use their money so I should pay but right now  

Answer

If one has a credit card from a conventional bank due to need and necessity, he should ensure making timeous payments to avoid paying interest. You did not make timeous payments and led the bank to charge you interest. You should make Tawbah and Istighfar for that. You should also endeavour to pay your debt.

You may discuss your financial difficulty with the collection centre and request for concession. 

Abdullah Syed Sajid

Houston, TX, USA