Category: Marriage (Nikah)
Fatwa#: 39494
Asked Country: India

Answered Date: Dec 24,2017

Title: Psychological impotence


Assalamu alaikum, I am a 29 yr old man, in my adolescence age I had got myself indulge in watching porn and masturbation for a continuous 5 years after that I started feeling very tired and I stopped practicing it. Then later arised some health problems of mazi coming out after urination and in-digestion. I have continuously consulted many doctors till now and I have not been satisfied with the medicines then later recently there is pain in my testicles and now have diagnosed with the disease called varicocele. I am not yet married and after this diagnosis, I checked with the doctors if I can get married and they said I can get married. I am really afraid now, if I get married now , will I be able satisfy my wife. What should I do ? Need your guidance according to Sharia. I am still undergoing medication through homeopathy and doctor has asked to get married


In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

You are well aware that watching porn and masturbation is haram. Thank Allah for giving you the courage to stop these sinful acts. Make Istighfaar for the sins you committed. You have realized that those sinful acts could not satisfy your carnal desires. In fact, they caused sickness to you. The only way to satisfy your carnal desires is by getting married.

If your doctor has assured you regarding your health, then you should get married without any further delay. Moreover, you may also consult a pious Hakeem for further clarity on your health issue.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Anas Sharieff Qasmi.

Student Darul Iftaa

Hyderabad, India.

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.