Asked Country: Indonesia

Title: Haram relationship

Question

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu... Im 24 yr old muslimah and i love a guy who is youger than me.. he is under graduate studying 3rd yr B.E(MECH)... he is so good as i expected my furture husband to be, with good qualities, religious and who worships none except Allah..As i started loving him i told abt him to my parents and they agreed but they we re more concerned abt his parents whether they will agree or not.. Now my brother is hurrying fro my marriage and he gave us 2 yrs time to convince his parents and get married with eachother orelse he said to me tat he will get me married to someone else.. we havent met with eachother face to face as he is far away from my place.. His parents came to know abt us last yr 2times but they refused as im elder to him but im worried if they refuse again wen they come to know abt us.. I cant blame my brother too coz he is worried for me and for my parents as my parents r getting older.. They r eagerly waiting for my marriage i feel so sad wen i them i cry to Allah to keep them happy always.. I did istikhara 2 times and Allah guided me towards him alhamdulillah and i feel so happy abt it.. And currently im doing hufz ul Quran through his support and im so happy abt it.. Now im not knowing how to convince his parents, i believe in Allah I trust him but there must be some efforts to put up from our side and we r not knowing wat will tat be.. I m worried i pray and make dua to Allah daily... kindly pleasee help me to get a solution for this.. his parents is worried as im elder to him.. we dont want to go against his parents like tat was decided earlier.. pleasee reply waitingg.. jazakallahu khair.

Answer

The solution to your difficulty is simple.

Your brother may communicate with the boy and advise him to discuss the issue with his parents. He should state to them his intention as to marry you. If they agree, then the matter could be escalade to the parents both sides. If they do not agree and the boy is not prepared to pursue the marriage without the consent of his parents, then there is no point in pursuing the mother. We also advise you to terminate all communications with the boy as this is haram (strictly prohibited). Maintain your dignity and honor, turn to Allah by seeking his assistance and guidance.

Muhammad Yaasir Yunus Hussen

Mozambique