Category:

Title: How long is my Iddah after Khula

Question

Assalamualaikum sir , its urgent, im taking khula after being away frm my husband frm 6mnths after marriage, we were never physical n i was away frm him for 6mnths,can i knw my iddaths period, whether its 3months or for 1 month, urgently immediately answer needed sir

Answer

Sister in Islaam.

Khula is to request the husband to issue her divorce in exchange of the Mahr (dowry).

If the husband agrees to the khula, then that constitutes a Talaaq-e-baain (an irrevocable divorce). A wife cannot just take khula. The husband has to agree to the khula.

You say, you were away from your husband for 6 months and there was no physical relationship between the both of you. How long are you married? Did you live with your husband after marriage? If so, how long?

You may reply to admin@daruliftaa.net

Muhammed Al-Ameen Bin Moulana Ismail Akoo

Newcastle; KZN, South Africa