Asked Country: United States Minor Outlying Islands

Title: Dream about being trapped in a house

Question

Assalaamu alaikum
Dear respected brothers

Please assist me in understanding the dream I've had
The dream is:
In the dream I am being chased by a man whose i can not see,  i run into a double Storey house that looks incomplete or ruins and im assisted by an obeses woman upon getting away i meant my maternal uncle and his son but their condition is not as they are in reality my uncle is thin and sickly looking and they say nothing to me. From i don't know where i am it just dark and a voice refers me to Surah Yusuf,  Surah Yunus,  Surah Yaseen verses 1 to 3 and surah taha and then I woke up.

Please assist me by interpreting this dream.

Jazakallah in anticipation of your kind assistance herein

Answer

The example of a dream is like a man travelling on a highway. The traveller will come across many different types of sceneries, some lush and beautiful, whilst other may be not so eye-catching and appealing. Nonetheless, the traveller must not lose his concentration throughout his travel and he should not stop to pay a lot of attention to what is around him.

Thus, our focus should not stray towards the transitory world of dreams. We should focus on real life issues. Recounting every dream and pondering on its meanings is futile. Dreams alone cannot change a person’s life.

Make shukar that you were not trapped inside the house in real life. You were freed from that situation upon waking up.

Life is full of challenges. Allah says,

{إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا }

[الشرح: 6]

Without doubt, there is ease after every difficulty.

If you experience any challenges in life, turn to Allah Taala and make sabr. Yusuf Alayhi Salam and Yunus Alayhi Salam faced challenges too. They turned to Allah and Allah assisted them. Also recite Surah Yaseen in the beginning of the day as that assists in fulfilling ones needs of the day. Also give out some sadaqah as sadaqah removes difficulties and invokes the help of Allah Ta’āla.

Huzaifah Deedat

__________

جامع تفاسير الأحلام = تنبيه الأفهام بتأويل الأحلام (ص: 66)- دار الثقافة - الدوحة - قطر 

من رأى رجلا مَعْرُوفا يصنع شَيْئا أَو يتعاطاه النَّاس فَإِنَّهُ هُوَ بِعَيْنِه أَو سميه أَو نَظِيره من النَّاس وَمن رأى شَيخا مَعْرُوفا وَقد جرى بَينهمَا كَلَام فَهُوَ زِيَادَة فِي الْخَيْر وَالْبركَة

سنن الدارمي- دار المغني للنشر والتوزيع (4/ 2150)

حَدَّثَنَا الْوَلِيدُ بْنُ شُجَاعٍ، حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي، حَدَّثَنِي زِيَادُ بْنُ خَيْثَمَةَ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ جُحَادَةَ، عَنْ عَطَاءِ بْنِ أَبِي رَبَاحٍ، قَالَ: بَلَغَنِي أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ: «مَنْ قَرَأَ يس فِي صَدْرِ النَّهَارِ، قُضِيَتْ حَوَائِجُهُ