Asked Country: Canada

Title: Egg donation in Islam.

Question

Assalamualaikum,

There has been something confusing me lately. I have heard about egg donation to help an infertile woman. Do you think that is halal if the woman is infertile and takes egg donation, or should she firmly stick to trusting Allah and doing dua instead, hoping for a miracle?

Thank you for your time. 

Answer

It is impermissible for a woman to use the eggs of another woman to conceive.1

The giving of children is the sole right of Allah Ta’āla. Allah Ta’āla has made some women fertile and others infertile. Consider the following verse:

يَهَبُ لِمَنْ يَشَاءُ إِنَاثًا وَيَهَبُ لِمَنْ يَشَاءُ الذُّكُورَ ٤٩ أَوْ يُزَوِّجُهُمْ ذُكْرَانًا وَإِنَاثًا وَيَجْعَلُ مَنْ يَشَاءُ عَقِيمًا إِنَّهُ عَلِيمٌ قَدِيرٌ ٥٠

[الشورى: ٤٩٫٥٠]

He bestows to whom He wills female [children], and He bestows to whom He wills males. Or He makes them [both] males and females, and He renders whom He wills barren. Indeed, He is Knowing and Competent.”

One should turn to Allah Taala and constantly recite this aayah,

رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنْزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ  [القصص:٢٤ ] 

O My Rabb! Indeed, I am need of whatever good you bestow on me.

Whatever, he has decreed is the best as he is the All Wise.

Huzaifah Deedat

Mufti Husain Kadodia.

__________________

جديد فقهي مسائل –مولانا خالد سیف اللہ-جلد پنجم-ص100-98-زم زم 1