Asked Country: United Arab Emirates

Title: Travel & Tour Business

Question

Assalamun Alaykum

I live in Canada with my family and we are urgently in need of an income to be able to stay here, because we can not go back to our country for many reasons one of them being that they will force upon us their religion which is not Islam. We want to open a Tour and Travel business in which we sell tickets to people to travel other Muslim and non-Muslim countries to be able to stay there for whatever reason that we do not know of. Is it allowed to sell tickets and hotel reservations or is it Haram, keeping in mind that some of them go for Education, Work, and some for a time to relax with their families, we do not know their intentions behind buying that ticket. This is the only business that we know how to do, because we can not afford to risk with businesses that we do not know of. Also Does the ruling differ if it is from a non-Muslim country to a Muslim country or if it is within the same non-Muslim country. Please note that I am urgently in need of this answer and our livelihood depends on this business. We have decide to Not give any enjoyment services or services in anything haram as well.

Answer

It is permissible to open a Travel & Tour Business and deal with non-muslim clients. You will not be responsible for the actions of your clients.1

Huzaifah Deedat

____________________

جواھر الفقہ- جلد -7 ص510- مکتبہ دار العلوم کراچی