Country: United Arab Emirates

Marrying a Prostitute

Question

I want to marry a prostitute, she is 34 Years old and i am 28 years old. We both are muslim and sge promised me that she will leave her fast and she will start new life with me. What should i do?

Answer

Answer:

There are two fundamental objectives of a marriage, chastity and comfort. Your intention to marry the woman in reference is as risky as it is noble. 

Mufti Shaf’i states in Ma’aariful Qur-an, “if a woman is a habitual adulterer and does not beg Allah’s pardon, then truly believing Muslim male, for whom marriage is a religious trust, would not fancy such a woman, especially knowing fully well that she would not give up her obnoxious habit of adultery even after the bond of marriage.”[1]

We advise you to apply your mind carefully and also make Istikhara. If you are certain that you will maintain your chastity through marrying the woman and she too will adopt a chaste life and give you the required peace and comfort in the marriage then marrying the person will be an act of virtue as by marrying her, you would be giving her a life of honour and dignity. 

Ahmad Jafari

Atlanta, Georgia, USA

[1](350/6) Ma’aariful Qur-an (English Translation)- Maktaba-e Darul ‘Uloom