Date: 31st March 2013

Question

Question:

My Father passed away in 2001 and left a house.

I started to live in the house and decided to buy it in 2008 for the sum of £50,000. (fifty thousand pounds).

The house was initially bought for £21,000 of which £4,000 was given by my mum for the purchase of the house.
Can you please tell me who the inheritors are from the below and what share if any should be given.

1)We are 5 brothers and 2 sisters

2)Mother

3) My  fathers mother passed away in 2007, fathers father passed away in 1984.

I dont know if the below will inherit as my grandmother is no more. and according to 1st Ethical they will not inherit

4) My 2 fathers sisters

5) My 1 fathers brother

Answer

Answer:

You have stated that your mother contributed 4, 000 pounds towards the purchase of the land. In order for us to issue a ruling, kindly specify the actual owner or owners of the land at the time of your father’s demise and their respective percentage of ownership in the land.

In order to facilitate a prompt response, kindly forward the specifications to the following email address:

admin@daruliftaa.net

Abdul Azīm bin Abdur Rahman,
U.S.A.