Country: Bahrain

I have been heard that, some days in hijri calendar are "Nahs". Please let me know what "Nahs". Wahabis are telling that In Islam there is nothing like Nahs. All days are good.

Question

Asslamu Alaikum, I have been heard that, some days in hijri calendar are "Nahs". Please let me know what "Nahs". Wahabis are telling that In Islam there is nothing like Nahs. All days are good. Please clarify me why some particular day is considered as nahs and what all things cant be done on that day. With request for Dua for me, my parents, siblings and my friends, Raees Umer

Answer

Nahs”, mean unfortunate or unlucky. Some people believe that there are certain days of ‘bad luck’ in a year. However, this is a misconception which has no basis in Islam. There is no such thing as ‘bad luck’ or ‘evil omen’. Each day of the calendar is filled with its own blessing and fortune.

Consider the following Ahadith:
Rasululah
صلى الله عليه و سلم said, “There is no evil omen.” (Ibni Maja p143 Qadeemi) 

Rasululah صلى الله عليه و سلمalso said, “There is no contagion; nor evil omen nor taking ill omen from a bird nor bad luck (or misfortune) in the month of Safar.” (Bukhari p22 vol.7 Darul Fikr)

مخمر بن معاوية قال

سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم يقول  لا شؤم . في الزوائد إسناده صحيح ورجاله ثقات

قال سمعت أبا هريرة يقول

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم لا عدوى ولا طيرة ولا هامة ولا صفر الخ

Wassalamu Alaikum

Ml. Zakariyya bin Ahmed,