Q1 2 years back, I had a surgery for my gall bladder removal and shortly after that, I was declared diabetic ... Q2 I am afraid of success and happiness in life. I don’t know how it got deep rooted in my heart

Question

Q1. Health problem.

2 years back, I had a surgery for my gall bladder removal and shortly after that, I was declared diabetic & now I have developed a stone in my kidney. I am 34 years old with lots of health problem and my wife is 24 with arthritis problem. Generally these problems occur at later stage of life. We started facing these problems after entering our new house, bought from a HINDU family 3 years back. We entered the house without doing any Quran Khani as somebody told me it has become RASM to do so and Islam does not permit this. I live in this house with my wife and daughter. My parents and brothers live in the same old house. We feel lonely or something likes that in this house. So my question to you is this house can be reason of my ill-health as my brother says that this house is MANHOOS and under the influence of JINN. And somebody has done SIFLI on me. Should I believe in it and simply take it health problem.

Q2. This problem has made my life hell. I am afraid of success and happiness in life. I don’t know how it got deep rooted in my heart that I fear success in Business and happiness as I think it will be over very soon. I have this thing in my mind that I solve this problem, another problem will arise. The reason for this may be, I have been very depressed in life.  Even I am scared to go on my business traveling as I fear something will happen. How to overcome.

Answer

1.       It is our belief that whatever happens, does happen with the will and decree of Almighty Allah. One cannot attribute any harms of this world to certain actions or movements. There is no such belief or Sunnah that a Quraan Khani must be made when moving into a new house. These harms have not come because of not making the Khatam. These are all customs which are prohibited in Shariah. Instead of turning to the causes of these harms that befell you, turn your attention towards Allah. From a Hadith we understand that calamities befall a person due to sin and disobedience of Allah. You should therefore make a lot of Tawbah, seek forgiveness from Allah for your sins and create an Islamic environment in your home. Do such deeds that attract the mercy of Allah and your condition would change. Perform Salaah and make your zikr daily. This is the prescription for true comfort and peace.

2.      Place your trust in Allah and be optimistic. Do not have a negative approach as Allah deals with His slaves according to their expectations. The false feelings you are experiencing is evil whispers of Shaytaan. He uses this type of feelings to drive one into depression which will ultimately ruin a person’s life totally. Whenever you experience such thoughts ignore them and recite Ta’awuz (seeking refuge in Allah from Shaytaan).

We make Dua that Allah grants you Shifa and Afiyyah, Ameen.

Wassalamu Alaikum