Country: Netherlands

I live in Amsterdam and I had a rental car for few months from my employer. I put couple of Yaseen sharifs in the dashboard. When I returned that car, I forgot to take out the Yaseen Sharifs,

Question

I live in Amsterdam and I had a rental car for few months from my employer. I put couple of Yaseen sharifs in the dashboard. When I returned that car, I forgot to take out the Yaseen Sharifs, few months later I asked the rental company if they find these books in the car, but they couldn't find it. My question is I'm not sure what happened to these Yaseen Sharifs and I feel so guilty now...Do I have to pay any kafarrah or something to look for forgiveness.

Answer

There is no kafaarah for the loss of the Yaseen Sharif. You should make Istighfaar (seek repentance) for your negligence of leaving the Yaseen Sharifs in the car. It is also advisable to give some Sadaqah as atonement for your negligence. 

Wassalamu Alaikum

Ml. Zakariyya bin Ahmed,