Country: Maldives

Recently I was debating with an atheist about creation of the world. The atheist asked me these two question replying to my argument " It is Allaah who created the earth and set up the law for its processing and it is Allaah who caused the natural process to occur "

Question

Recently I was debating with an atheist about  creation of the world. The atheist asked me these two question replying to my argument  " It is Allaah who created the earth and set up the law for its  processing and it is Allaah who caused the natural process to occur "

He asked me these two Question :

1. does He cause a volcano to erupt at a certain time ?
                                    OR
2. did He set the world up a long time ago and let it unwind on its own?

Can you please answer these two Question by the knowledge of Qur`aan and  Sunnah.

Answer

At the outset it is important to understand that debating with someone who is obstinate on his/her ideologies and is unwilling to change if he is proven incorrect is a time wasting exercise and proves unbeneficial. It is our experience that those who are sincere on knowing the Haqq will understand the simplest of explanations. However, those who have made up their mind to remain on Baatil (falsehood) and do not have a sincere urge to learn the Haqq will make every possible objection to disprove the Haqq. At times simple ordinary Muslims become affected by their intellectual objections that they too begin doubting the Haqq (Allah protect us all). It is therefore wise for ordinary Muslims to refer such people to the Ulama and scholars who are equipped with knowledge and wisdom and who are in a better situation to either convince them of the Haqq or refute their baseless objections.

The issue of volcano and Allah’s ability to create and control is objected to by this atheist. Allah responds to this objection in three words in the Quraan. Allah states

أَلا لَهُ الْخَلْقُ وَالأَمْرُ  [سورة الأعراف: 54 [

“Behold for Him (Allah) is all creation and control”

We can understand the shallowness of these objections that few words of the Quraan is sufficient to silence falsehood.

You may refer the person to us or any reliable scholar should he have further objections regarding Almighty Allah.

Wassalam u Alaikum

Important Posts and Links

Shar'ii stance on Shares and Stocks|Have you prepared your WILL??|Moonsighting - Its that time to sight the moon