What is the correct procedure to do masa of head during wadu? ...Suppose there are two minutes to sunrise and I begin fajr salat and finish 1 minute after sunrise. Is the salat valid...Does the time for asar salat end at the beginning of magrib salat?

Question

What is the correct procedure to do masa of head during wadu? Do we have wet hands specially for masa? If I remove turban during wadu for masa do I have to wet hands again because I touched the turban?

Suppose there are two minutes to sunrise and I begin fajr salat and finish 1 minute after sunrise. Is the salat valid.

Does the time for asar salat end at the beginning of magrib salat?

Answer

1. The method of masah of the head is as follows:

The hands should be placed on the forehead and drawn towards the back of the head in a manner that encompasses the entire head. (Nihayat Al-Murad, pg 107, Al-Jaffan / Fatawaa Darul Uloom Deoband, vol 1, pg 102)

2. It is not necessary to wet the hands specifically for masah. It will suffice to make masah with the wetness that remains on the hand.(Fatawaa Al-Mahmudiyya, vol 5, pg 45, Faruqiyya) 

3. Masah means ‘to pass wet hands over a limb’. Therefore, after removing the turban, if the hands remained wet, there is no need to wet them again. If the hands are dry, they should be made wet.( Sharh Al-Wiqaaya, Kitaabut Tahaarah, vol 1, pg 57, Al-Misbaah)

4. No, the salat is invalid and will have to be repeated.( Sharh Al-Wiqaaya, Kitaabus Salat, vol 1, pg 149, Al-Misbaah)

5. Yes, the time of Asr salat remains as long as the sun has not set. Once the sun sets, the time of asr salat expires and the time for maghrib salat begins.(Al-Hidaya, vol 1, pg 81, Al-Shirka)  

وسنته مسح كل الراس مرة و كيفيته ان يضع كفيه و اصابعه علي مقدم راسه و يمدها الي القفا علي وجه يستوعب جميع الراس (نهاية المراد) 

ومسح ربع الراس و اللحية المسح اصابة اليد المبتلة العضو اما بللا ياخذه من الاناء او بللا باقيا في اليد بعد غسل عضو من المغسولات (شرح الوقاية)