Country: Canada

Unanswered

Question

Assalamu Aleikum,

I would like to know if it is acceptable in Islam, as a wife, if I chose to inshallah complete my degree and find a good job so that I can pay-off my loan. Unfortunately, before I was married, I studied at the university for two years using government loans given to students requiring financial aid (OSAP). At that that time I was unaware that I was required to pay interest when I stopped taking the loan… Currently I owe 20, 000 to them, but after I got married Alhamdulilah, my husband is supporting me with my education. Thus, as long as I am studying full-time, the interest on my loan doesn’t accrue.

Please advise me on what is the best solution to deal with my debt as me and my husband's intent is to pay it as soon as possible.

Is it better if I continue with my studies or be a house-wife because due to my studies I find myself with very little time with my husband...?

Jazakallah Khair

Answer