Country: Australia

My question is that when the thunder is heard what should be recited....

Question

mera question yeh hai ka jab bijli (thander stom)chamaqti hai tu kia karna chaya islami kia tariqa hai kun ka muja is se bohat daar lagta hai .plz mera question ka answer zaroor dee

My question is that when the thunder is heard what should be recited. I feel very frightened, what should I do.

Answer

Hadhrat Aishah (R.A) relates that whenever a strong wind bringing dense clouds started blowing, the prophet’s (salallahu alayhiwasallam) face turned pale with the fear of Allah. He became restive and would go in and out, and would recite the following dua:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَهَا وَخَيْرَ مَا فِيهَا وَخَيْرَ مَا أُرْسِلَتْ بِهِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّهَا وَشَرِّ مَا فِيهَا وَشَرِّ مَا أُرْسِلَتْ بِهِ

“O, my Allah! I ask of thee the good out of this wind, the good out of that which is in this wind, and the good out of that which is the outcome of this wind. I seek refuge in thee from the evil of this wind, from the evil out of that which is in this wind, and from the evil out of that which is the outcome of this wind.”

(faza’il-e-a’maal pg.36,Ch. Fear of Allah)

Mufti Ebrahim Desai (F3)