Fatwa: # 16099
Category: Misc. Fiqh
Country: South Africa
Date: 24th January 2008




Assalamu Alykum, there is no easy to ask this - so here goes: My husband and I have been married for over 5 years. For the last two years he has been impotent. Obviously it was something began before but for the last two years sex is non existent. The only option that according to medical opinion is a penile implant something he does not want to go for and i am not pushing him to do something that he does not want too and I dont want my marriage to end because of this. My question tho' is what can i read and do to have sabr because there are many times that i feel like i am banging my head against the wall.


DISCLAIMER - AskImam.org questions
AskImam.org answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.askimam.org for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. Askimam.org bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • AskImam.org bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of AskImam.org.
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.
The Messenger of Allah said, "When Allah wishes good for someone, He bestows upon him the understanding of Deen."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]