Fatwa: # 14844
Category: Prayer (Salaat)
Country: India
Date: 24th January 2007


Will i be a Musafir travelling to Hong Kong?


I am an Indian national and i travel to Hong Kong around 4000 KM from my city, in Hong Kong i never stay more then 10-11 days after that i go to another city which is just nearby in China aroud 30-35 KM where i stay for 2-3 days and then return to hong kong for a few days.. this process i repeat for 2-3 months in relation to my business and then return to India,  i need to know if i need pray my salat qasr as a traveller or should i pray full salat?


In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

You will be a Musafir in Hong Kong and in China as you will not be in either place for 15 days or more.

And Allah knows best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa

DISCLAIMER - AskImam.org questions
AskImam.org answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.askimam.org for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. Askimam.org bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • AskImam.org bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of AskImam.org.
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.
The Messenger of Allah said, "When Allah wishes good for someone, He bestows upon him the understanding of Deen."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]